Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Supercars @ Tropicana

Hearing the rumors of the supercar gathering at Tropicana, I immediately charged my cam's battery to full, and also for myself. And not to forget, I don't even know how to get there! But it seems like my swift internet search and the will to gamble to the chances of relying to the internet's info somehow got my feet landed to the mall.

So, upon reaching, I dashed off across the mall, frantically searching this so-called "supercar gathering". Already, my head is starting to picture SLSes and R8s lined up along with a dozen of Ferraris and countless Porsches. And then... Aha! The Poster!

5pm? Yeah, right.

But although it says at 5pm, after asking the valet guy, it is actually on at 8pm. Duh. Well, it's better to arrive early, aite? But there is one guy that arrived early for the event. Even by hearing the rumbling sound of its straight-six engine, it managed to froze me and gape in astonishment. The first one to arrive was the Porsche 911 GT3 RS.

A 996, yum yum.

And before any of you guys start saying "Nah, that's a normal Porsche with some stickers and a set of blue rims" or "Are you sure? The front bumper looks different", I do not have a great depth of knowledge in Porsche's cars, so I couldn't really distinguish between a real GT3, and a kitted one. But one thing that I realize though, this one had that mean roll cage fitted inside, so I think, and I quote, I think, it is the real deal.

Being bored, I strolled around the mall, waiting for 8pm to come. And when it was, I wasted no time. Went straight to the ground floor and to the event location. Fortunately, I managed to get there before most of the cars get there. Listening to the intoxicating sound of various exotic engines really makes my day.

Anyways, I'll stop blabber here and let the pictures do the talking.

Eying the California from across the street...

...while the 430 does the same towards the LP640.

Aaaargh! My eyes!!

Hey.. Even the Brits decided to join the party...

Butt shot!

430s flanked by a GTR and a Carrera4S.

A row of millions of mad Italian/German horsepowers!

We could see how differently the Europeans make their cars. Germany with the sexy curves...

...while Japan with the all-business no-compromise lines and edges.

Another unique car in display, a matte-black R35 Skyline GTR. There's a Nismo badge at the rear by the way. Legit? Not so sure though.

Anyways, made a few new pals from the event. Had a good time chatting with you guys about everything related to cars! Be looking forward to seeing you guys anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...